Joining the Greater Lakewood Chamber of Commerce is a priority for many businesses. But as business progresses, we can experience time poverty: limited discretionary time. The Lakewood Chamber understands this dilemma for businesses. Every now and again it’s important to take a look at the advantages for your business to stay actively involved with the Chamber. The following is a list of ways as a member you can work with the Chamber to keep your business visible, accessible and educated. Read on to learn more.
The Greater Lakewood Chamber of Commerce provides:
- Advocacy for Small Businesses: Governmental Affairs Committee meets monthly. Stay informed on local, state, and national issues affecting business. Candidate’s forums preceding elections are sometimes held by the Chamber, and can help make a decision on which candidate will best serve your interests.
- Rapid Referrals for Business: Our computer system provides quick, easy access to critical referral information for your business. The Chamber receives numerous calls a month from people wanting to do business with reputable companies. Members in good standing are recommended when a company in your category is requested. The Chamber has frequent hits a month on the online Business Directory, where most users go to look for a certain product or service in the area.
- Member Profile Information: Provides a competitive edge for your business.
- Lakewood Community News: Monthly distribution is 30,000 to every home in Lakewood and parts of Long Beach, as well as bulk drops to numerous businesses in Lakewood. The community may submit articles or story ideas for possible inclusion in the newspaper. Business press releases of interest to the general public are frequently run. Members have the opportunity to advertise at a 20% discount.
- Networking: Opportunities to shake hands and give out your business cards range from Business@Breakfasts to Ribbon Cuttings and After Hours Mixers. Special events throughout the year such as, Business Expo, Car Show and much more, are all great opportunities to meet new and old friends, gain business contacts, and meet community leaders.
- “Welcome to Lakewood Packets: This exclusive low cost opportunity to Chamber Members is a great way to reach new residents who have just moved into the area. Since you provide your own materials for insertion, you can create a “Welcome to Lakewood” special or discount for new residents to use at your business.
Don’t let the day to day business distractions change your focus, check out your local Chamber, and see what they have to offer. To receive a membership packet call 562-531-9733.