Lakewood City Hall will be closed the week of December 25-29 and on Monday, January 1, reopening on Tuesday, January 2. Trash pickup will occur one day later than your normal pickup day during the last week of December and first week of January. Special street sweeping and parking rules will be in effect (see below). DASH Transit service will not be available on December 25, December 26 or January 1.
For trash pickup and sweeping, the following schedule applies for the holiday season:
- Trash pick-up will occur one day later than your normal pickup day during the holiday weeks of December 25-29 and January 1-5. That means that Monday pickups will happen on Tuesday, Tuesday pickups will happen on Wednesday, etc. And Friday pickups will happen on Saturday.
- Street sweeping in residential areas will not occur during the holiday weeks of December 25-29 and January 1-5. And there will be no residential street-sweeping related parking enforcement during those weeks. Street sweeping and related parking enforcement will occur in commercial areas between December 26-29 and January 2-5.
- City Hall will be closed the week of December 25-29 and January 1. If you need emergency city service, such as for a downed tree limb, water main leak or traffic signal outage, call city hall at 562-866-9771 and follow the prompts to page an on-call city worker.
- For emergency Sheriff’s, Fire or medical service, always call 9-1-1. For non-emergency Sheriff’s matters, you can call the Lakewood Sheriff’s Station 24 hours a day at 562-623-3500.
- If you would like to obtain an RV/Trailer permit when city hall is closed, you can contact the Lakewood Sheriff’s Safety Center at 562-623-3583.
- For questions or requests regarding trash and disposal services, you may contact EDCO Disposal at 562-531-3054.